US: Constellation Brands adds two more board members
Constellation has elected two new directors to its board
Constellation Brands has added two new members to its board of directors.
The New York state-headquartered wine, beer and spirits group said (yesterday) it has elected Robert Hanson, clothes retailer American Eagle Outfitters’ CEO, and CFO of retailer HSN Judy Schmeling as directors. The group’s board now totals 11.
"We are very pleased to welcome Robert and Judy to the board of directors and believe their experience in consumer-driven industries will provide excellent guidance as Constellation continues to focus on building brands that people love," said Richard Sands, chairman of Constellation’s board.
The group is currently in discussions with the US Department of Justice as part of a bid to take full control of Crown Imports, a JV with Grupo Modelo. Constellation is hoping to acquire 100% of Crown off the back of Anheuser-Busch InBev's takeover of Grupo Modelo.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts