AUSTRALIA: Constellation boss questions Southcorp future
The head of Constellation Brands' wine division has said he believes the chances that rival Southcorp will remain independent are "fairly small". Speaking in an interview with the newswire Dow Jones, Stephen Millar said: "I think it (a takeover bid) is a possibility." He continued: "I think Southcorp is under a lot of pressure. It's common knowledge that they've gone through a pretty tough time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down