UK: Constellation appoints trading director
Constellation Europe, a division of the beverage giant Constellation Brands, has appointed Dan Townsend to the newly-created role of trading director (UK), with responsibility for UK off-trade and on-trade sales as well as for marketing.
Townsend was previously managing director of Matthew Clark, the wholesale division of Constellation Europe. He joined Matthew Clark in August 2001 as regional managing director and was appointed Managing Director in June 2002.
Prior to joining Matthew Clark, Townsend worked for Scottish Courage for 14 years in a number of sales and commercial positions in both on and off trade. He began at Scottish Courage working in various national account, commercial and field sales roles and concluded his career there as a business unit director, with a wide range of responsibilities.
Townsend will take up his new role with immediate effect. A replacement for Townsend at Matthew Clark will be announced shortly.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends