US: Constellation appoints Corp Comms boss
Michael A. Martin, 49, has been named vice president-corporate communications by the US drinks group Constellation Brands.
He will be responsible for media relations strategy and execution, reputation and incident management, financial and employee communications, as well as qualitative and quantitative public relations measurement and valuations.
"As Constellation Brands continues to grow, we are committed to strengthening our internal and external communications effectiveness and efficiency," stated Tom Summer, Constellation Brands chief financial officer.
"We value Mike's experience, knowledge, skills and capabilities as a professional communicator, and feel that he will contribute a great deal to the company. He will work closely with other members of the investor relations and corporate communications team to help us achieve our goals for quality and excellence in communications," concluded Summer.
Martin joined Constellation Brands after working as director of corporate communications for Cadbury Schweppes and its Plano, Texas-based Dr Pepper/ Seven Up beverage division since August 1997. Prior to joining Dr Pepper/ Seven Up, he worked for The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company and Burlington Northern Santa Fe in Los Angeles, Chicago and Fort Worth. He left the railroad industry after 20 years, attaining the position of regional director of media and community relations for a 12-state area.
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) is launching a three-year multi-million dollar alliance to support the American Diabetes Association (ADA)....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018