US: Constellation appoints board director
Constellation Brands has approved the election of Barry Fromberg to the company's board of directors.
Fromberg is a retired executive vice president and chief financial officer of Dallas-based Dean Foods Company.
Constellation Brands chairman and chief executive officer Richard Sands said: "Barry has a wealth of practical business experience and knowledge with a highly successful consumer packaged goods company, in addition to experience in telecommunications and with an accounting firm."
Fromberg's approval at Constellation comes two days after the company snapped up Vincor International with an improved offer for the Canadian wine producer.
He fills the seat vacated of the late George Bresler, who retired in November 2005.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne