US: Constellation and Rothschild in Opus One deal
Constellation Brands and Baron Philippe de Rothschild S.A. have reached agreement on the future of Opus One, the ultra-premium Californian wine producer set up as a joint venture between Rothschild and Robert Mondavi.
The two companies have announced a new partnership agreement for Opus One Winery following Constellation's acquisition of Robert Mondavi Winery in late-2004. They have agreed to maintain 50-50 joint ownership of Opus One, but have also agreed to retain Opus One's independence in three areas: vineyard management, sales and marketing, and administration.
Previously supported by the Mondavi sales force, Opus One was effectively given its own independent structure with the appointment of David Pearson as CEO and Michael Silacci as head of viticulture and winemaking in 2004. This independence has now been reaffirmed by the agreement between Constellation and Rothschild. "This accord will empower and enable Opus One to carry on the vision of its founders," Pearson said, "and to improve upon what it does best."
Outside the US, Opus One is now distributed by selected Bordeaux negociants, the first Californian wine to be represented in this manner. The company will now for the first time also be selling its wines directly to distributors in the US.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research