UK: Constellation adds to Hardys Oomoo in UK
Constellation Europe has lined up the launch of three new varietals for its Hardys Oomoo range in the UK.
The company said yesterday (21 January) that the Oomoo Adelaide Hills Chardonnay 2007 and Oomoo Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 will be launched at the Australia Day tastings in the UK later this month, with the Oomoo Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2008 set to complete the line-up.
The range has been designed to reach a different target market to the traditional Hardys offering, and to "highlight the diversity that exists under the Hardys label", the company said.
"With the new, broadened offering from Oomoo, Constellation aims both to bring new consumers to Hardys, and to encourage its existing consumers to trade up through the range," Constellation added.
The three additions hail from Adelaide Hills and Coonawarra, and will carry an SSP of GBP9.00 (US$12.40). The Oomoo Adelaide Hills Chardonnay 2007 will be available in Tesco from mid-March.
'Oomoo' comes from the Aboriginal dialect, meaning 'good' or 'attractive'.
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Constellation Europe is launching a special sales kit for its Stowells wine brand, in order to improve sales across the on-trade....
Crown Imports has appointed an Hispanic agency of record for Corona Extra and Modelo Especial in the US....
Pernod Ricard has said that it is considering making around 20 redundancies at its UK unit....
Constellation Europe has lined up a Chilean extension of its on-trade wine brand, Jack Rabbit, in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Brands has posted a marked fall in net sales and profits for the first quarter of its current fiscal year....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has acquired the Effen vodka brand from Sazerac Co....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future