UK: Consorzio’s Chianti Classico gets UK push
Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico has announced plans to launch a UK-focused campaign to educate the trade and consumers about the Italian region and its wines.
The company said today (28 April) that the promotions will kick off from 19 May with tutored seminars and trade and sommelier tastings of the Chianti Classico collection at Somerset House in London.
The trade side of the campaign will continue at the LIWF next month showing a selection of Chianti Classicos and Riservas on the Istituto Nazionale per il Commercio Estero stand.
Consumer promotions will involve a weekend of in-store sampling at the beginning of September in "several multiple off-licence chains", pushing the Chianti Classico's Black Rooster neck seal as "a guarantee of the wine's authenticity and quality".
Consorzio president Marco Pallanti said: "The UK is a very important market for us and we feel this new campaign shows our ongoing commitment to this market. Following the national promotion we ran in the independent sector in January, we will be focusing on the national off-licence chains to continue to support retail listings of Chianti Classico."
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends