UK: Consorzio’s Chianti Classico gets UK push
Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico has announced plans to launch a UK-focused campaign to educate the trade and consumers about the Italian region and its wines.
The company said today (28 April) that the promotions will kick off from 19 May with tutored seminars and trade and sommelier tastings of the Chianti Classico collection at Somerset House in London.
The trade side of the campaign will continue at the LIWF next month showing a selection of Chianti Classicos and Riservas on the Istituto Nazionale per il Commercio Estero stand.
Consumer promotions will involve a weekend of in-store sampling at the beginning of September in "several multiple off-licence chains", pushing the Chianti Classico's Black Rooster neck seal as "a guarantee of the wine's authenticity and quality".
Consorzio president Marco Pallanti said: "The UK is a very important market for us and we feel this new campaign shows our ongoing commitment to this market. Following the national promotion we ran in the independent sector in January, we will be focusing on the national off-licence chains to continue to support retail listings of Chianti Classico."
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits