AUSTRALIA: Consolidation fever reaches juice industry
Australia's drinks acquisition mania is extending beyond the spate of winery take-overs with reports that the fruit juice industry may be on the verge of a shake-up by significant minority businesses. The industry is dominated by the Berri company, which has more than 50% of national market share. But press reports say competition could be intensified as the Queensland based Golden Circle business negotiates for possible purchase of Victoria's Original Juice Company, in a deal that could be worth A$50m (US$25m) based on purchase and assumption of debt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory