US: Congress approves Central American trade deal
The United States' Distilled Spirits Council has congratulated the US Congress for approving the Dominican Republic-Central American Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) for opening central American markets to USA spirit exports.
Central American countries (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua) and the Dominican Republic will immediately abolish tariffs on US-produced whiskey and gin.
Honduras will immediately eliminate its 15% tariff on liqueurs, and the Dominicans will scrap duties on American whiskies, specifically Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey.
Other spirits tariffs will disappear over 15 years.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Hayman Distillers is launching a sampling campaign for its gin liqueur, Hayman's 1820....
Driven on by what the company called a "remarkable start of year" for its Asia/ Rest of World business, Pernod Ricard today announced that its first quarter wine and spirit net sales had increase 7% o...
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that it will make an offer for Allied Domecq this week, according to yesterday's press reports....
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends