Product Launch - US: Concha y Toro's Fetzer Crimson Red, Quartz White
Click through to view Concha y Toro's Fetzer Crimson Red and Quartz White
Concha y Toro's Fetzer Crimson Red, Quartz White
Category - Wine, US, California
Available - Since October
Location - US, nation-wide in off-trade
Price - Average retail price of US$10 per 75cl
Distribution - In CA, Young's Market Company, in IL, Wirtz Beverage, in NY, Empire, in Florida, Premier, in Texas, RNDC
Concha y Toro has launched the first line extension of its Fetzer US wine brand in 30 years. Fetzer’s Crimson Red Blend and Quartz White Blend were released in the US late last year.
Crimson Red (13.5% abv) is a blend of Syrah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah, while Quartz White Blend (12% abv) is a mix of Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Grigio.
The variants were backed by an advert that appeared on the CBS “Super Screen” in New York's Times Square Plaza every hour for 18 hours per day for 60 days from mid-November.
Concha y Toro acquired Fetzer from Brown-Forman in April, 2011.
The holiday season traditionally marks one of the largest spikes in wine purchases during the year. Coming off of the October 2012 release of their first new line of wine in 30 years, Crimson and Quartz, Fetzer is capitalizing on the busy travel season by releasing commercials of their new blends in what is known by many as the "The Gateway to New York".
From the awe-inducing window displays at New York City department stores to the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center, New York City is a festive and exciting place to visit during the holiday season. However, no trip is truly complete without visiting popular tourist destination Times Square, which sees an excess of 1,500,000 people pass through daily. A commercial boasting the fresh new look of Fetzer's Crimson Red Blend and Quartz White Blend is currently broadcasted on the iconic CBS "Super Screen," which is strategically positioned at 42nd Street between 7th and 8th Avenue in the heart of Times Square Plaza. Thirty seconds per hour and eighteen hours per day, the commercial will air over a sixty day period commencing on November 17, 2012.
Fetzer Crimson Red Blend balances the best of Syrah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah into a pronounced oak profile with toasty aromatic components--and its counterpart, Fetzer Quartz White Blend reveals the full body of Chardonnay expertly mixed with the floral and spicy notes of Riesling, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Grigio. The red and green labeled blends are the perfect holiday gift at an average retail price of $10.00.
Original source: Company Release
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research