UK: Concha y Toro UK takes on new brands
Chilean wine company Concha y Toro has announced that its UK subsidiary is to take over the distribution and marketing of the Cono Sur and Isla Negra brands in the UK.
The two brands were previously handled by Western Wines but will switch to Concha y Toro UK with immediate effect.
"We are very excited to be taking on the responsibility of the Cono Sur and Isla Negra brands," said Cristián Lopez, managing director of Concha y Toro UK.
"Our first priority will be to consult and discuss our plans with all our trade customers. We also intend to reinforce our company structure to accommodate this major addition to our current business."
The combined volume of the Concha y Toro and Cono Sur brands, in both the UK on and off trade, is put at around 2.8m cases, representing around 40% all bottled Chilean wine exports to the UK.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends