CHILE/UK: Concha y Toro UK head switches to Asia
Concha y Toro has confirmed the return of the MD of its UK subsidiary to Chile, where he will become corporate director for Asia.
The wine company said today (25 November) that Cristián López, who has headed up the UK unit for ten years, will work in a restructured Asia-dedicated structure.
Formerly a region within one of two global zones, Asia is now a designated zone in its own right with a defined structure and set of objectives, Concha y Toro said. "This development is central to Concha y Toro's long-term strategy of creating teams dedicated to every channel".
Earlier this year, CyT Nordics and CyT Brazil were established.
In the UK, meanwhile, Simon Doyle, who has been a member of the UK team since its inception in 2001, will be co-general manager alongside German Lledo, Concha y Toro UK's financial director since 2005.
"The UK team and I will miss Cristián immensely and wish him well in his new venture," said Doyle. "Looking forward to next year and beyond, it will be very much business as usual and we will continue to grow and invest in the business to deliver the best possible service to our customers."
All the changes will take effect from 1 January.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future