CHILE/UK: Concha y Toro teams up with Manchester United
Concha y Toro's Casillero del Diablo brand
Chilean wine producer Concha y Toro has secured a global marketing deal with English football team Manchester United.
The company said today (18 May) that it will be the official wine partner to the football club and will look to raise brand awareness with particular focus on the key markets of Asia, Latin America, Eastern and Northern Europe.
Concha y Toro will benefit from presence on digital board advertising at Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium during home games, advertising space in the club’s own communications media and co-branded marketing communications.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
"Our new partnership with Manchester United is absolutely aligned with Concha y Toro’s long-term strategy to increase awareness and penetration of our brands worldwide," said the wine firm's global marketing director, Giancarlo Bianchetti.
The official announcement of the partnership will take place in August, when the next football season starts in England.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman