CHILE/UK: Concha y Toro teams up with Manchester United
Concha y Toro's Casillero del Diablo brand
Chilean wine producer Concha y Toro has secured a global marketing deal with English football team Manchester United.
The company said today (18 May) that it will be the official wine partner to the football club and will look to raise brand awareness with particular focus on the key markets of Asia, Latin America, Eastern and Northern Europe.
Concha y Toro will benefit from presence on digital board advertising at Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium during home games, advertising space in the club’s own communications media and co-branded marketing communications.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
"Our new partnership with Manchester United is absolutely aligned with Concha y Toro’s long-term strategy to increase awareness and penetration of our brands worldwide," said the wine firm's global marketing director, Giancarlo Bianchetti.
The official announcement of the partnership will take place in August, when the next football season starts in England.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research