CHILE/UK: Concha y Toro teams up with Manchester United
Concha y Toro's Casillero del Diablo brand
Chilean wine producer Concha y Toro has secured a global marketing deal with English football team Manchester United.
The company said today (18 May) that it will be the official wine partner to the football club and will look to raise brand awareness with particular focus on the key markets of Asia, Latin America, Eastern and Northern Europe.
Concha y Toro will benefit from presence on digital board advertising at Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium during home games, advertising space in the club’s own communications media and co-branded marketing communications.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
"Our new partnership with Manchester United is absolutely aligned with Concha y Toro’s long-term strategy to increase awareness and penetration of our brands worldwide," said the wine firm's global marketing director, Giancarlo Bianchetti.
The official announcement of the partnership will take place in August, when the next football season starts in England.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research