CHILE/MEXICO: Concha y Toro sets up Mexican JV with Digrans
Concha y Toro has high hopes for Mexico through its JV with Digrans
Concha y Toro has teamed with Digrans to up its presence in Mexico.
The two companies confirmed late last week that VCT&DG Mexico has been formed “to serve the Mexican market, creating synergies and a novel commercialisation structure to best respond to consumer demand” in the country. The joint venture, which will include a sales and marketing unit, was set up last week and will begin operations in the first quarter of next year.
"We are very pleased to announce the creation of this new company, formed by two company friends which have consolidated their historic business relationship of mutual trust with a view to the future,” said Concha y Toro's chairman, Alfonso Larrain. “This union represents a new manner for facing the coming challenges presented by such an attractive market for our wines, for which we see interesting growth prospects.”
Concha y Toro accounts for around 40% of bottled Chilean wine exports to Mexico. Formed 50 years ago, Digrans is a food and wine marketer, distributor and logistics provider across Mexico.
To read the companies' official announcement, click here.
Concha y Toro is looking to up its presence in Africa through the creation of a subsidiary in the region....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends