CHILE/MEXICO: Concha y Toro sets up Mexican JV with Digrans
Concha y Toro has high hopes for Mexico through its JV with Digrans
Concha y Toro has teamed with Digrans to up its presence in Mexico.
The two companies confirmed late last week that VCT&DG Mexico has been formed “to serve the Mexican market, creating synergies and a novel commercialisation structure to best respond to consumer demand” in the country. The joint venture, which will include a sales and marketing unit, was set up last week and will begin operations in the first quarter of next year.
"We are very pleased to announce the creation of this new company, formed by two company friends which have consolidated their historic business relationship of mutual trust with a view to the future,” said Concha y Toro's chairman, Alfonso Larrain. “This union represents a new manner for facing the coming challenges presented by such an attractive market for our wines, for which we see interesting growth prospects.”
Concha y Toro accounts for around 40% of bottled Chilean wine exports to Mexico. Formed 50 years ago, Digrans is a food and wine marketer, distributor and logistics provider across Mexico.
To read the companies' official announcement, click here.
Concha y Toro is looking to up its presence in Africa through the creation of a subsidiary in the region....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- just-drinks takes a festive break
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014