Concha y Toro releases limited edition Cono Sur labels for Tour de France
Concha y Toro's Cono Sur Bicicleta labels will support the brand's Tour de France sponsorship
Concha y Toro will roll out cycling-themed labels across its Cono Sur Bicicleta range this summer as it looks to maximise its association with Le Tour de France 2016.
The Chilean wine firm secured a deal to make its brand the "official" wine of cycling's Tour de France until 2017. The Bicicleta range will feature specially-commissioned labels depicting the scenery of the cycle race.
A spokesperson for Concha y Toro told just-drinks that the new labels will feature in territories where Cono Sur has a partnership agreement with Le Tour, including the UK, Ireland, Estonia, Columbia and Chile.
The labels were designed by artist Eliza Southwood.
"We were looking for a way to build on the buzz which has grown up around our involvement with the Tour de France and cycling in general," said Dan Featherstone, marketing manager for Cono Sur in the UK. "The imagery evokes the scenery of the great cycle races, but also the Chilean landscapes where the grapes are grown - a nice parallel."
Earlier this year, growers in the south-west of France threatened to block the cycle race when it visits the region this Summer in protest of a Chilean wine sponsor.
The company will continue to spearhead the development of Chilean wine in the UK market....
The world’s sixth largest vintner, Viña Concha y Toro, is engaged in a strategy of aggressive, export-driven international expansion. This profile analyses the Chilean company’s strategic development ...
Discounters entered wine in full force, which has ultimately forced the major multiples to rethink the way wine is displayed in shopping aisles....
Wine is an alcoholic drink produced by the fermentation of grapes or other fruits. It has various health benefits, if consumed in adequate amounts....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits