UK: Concha y Toro opens UK office
Marketing director, Christian Lopez and finance director, Andres Izquierdo will head the operation based in Oxford, along with Richard Yates and Charles Sanderson (formerly with Cheviot UK Win Agencies) who make up the sales team.
Yates said of the company's commitment to the UK: "We will have the ability to react more quickly and decisively. With the direct line of communication to the winery, we will be better able to tailor our products and strategy to fit the needs of the market."
Vina Concha y Toro currently exports over 5m cases of wine worldwide. Produced largely from nearly 4,000 hectares of prime vineyards.
The company's main brands in the UK market include amongst others, Don Melcher, Terrunyo, Trio and Casillero del Diablo. It sees the UK office as the next logical step in its developing brand strategy.
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport