UK: Concha y Toro gives Casillero del Diablo TV push
Viña Concha y Toro has lined up a television advertising campaign for its Casillero del Diablo wine brand in the UK.
The company confirmed today (7 October) that the push will begin in the middle of this month and will run for two months. The ads will appear on Sky News, Discovery Channel, CNN, Discovery Travel & Living and National Geographic.
The ads will focus on the red portfolio but will also feature a reference to white and rosé.
It is the second burst of TV activity for the Casillero brand this year, following its 'Historic Vintage' campaign, which aired in February.
"This investment gives us the opportunity to raise awareness of the Casillero brand with our key ABC1 consumers," said Jason Duggan, head of marketing for Concha y Toro. "The campaign will give us stand out in a crowded and highly competitive festive market."
The campaign will be supported with trade advertising, with POS available to wholesale and convenience accounts.
Back in July, Concha y Toro reported a rise in net sales by almost a fifth in the first half of 2009.
Chile has lost US$250m-worth of wine as a result of an earthquake that has claimed 800 lives, but damage to the industry is not as bad as feared....
Vina Concha y Toro has reported a fall in operating profits for 2009, hit by consumers spending less on wine in the economic downturn....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- PepsiCo appoints W Europe, S Africa Tropicana GM