UK: Concha y Toro appoints ex-Accolade exec as UK marketing chief
Concha y Toro will add more faces next year
Concha y Toro's UK unit has appointed a marketing director as it ups its focus on the country.
Clare Griffiths takes on the newly-created role, effective immediately, Concha y Toro UK said today (16 December). Griffiths, who will also oversee the commercial marketing team, was previously marketing director for Europe at Accolade Wines.
Meanwhile, former commercial manager Nicola Hale has taken on the new post of business strategy director.
The company added that more people will be added to the UK team next year.
Simon Doyle, Concha y Toro UK general manager, said the latest appointments were “further evidence of Concha y Toro’s ongoing commitment to the UK market”.
Concha y Toro has unveiled a number of UK-focussed strategies in the past few months.
Last month, it rolled out two of its Fetzer wine extensions to the UK, while in September it launched a television advert for its Casillero del Diablo wine brand in the country.
Wine Merchants (UK) - Industry Report
Plimsoll Publishing’s WINE MERCHANTS (UK) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the WINE MERCHANTS (UK) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 660 companies, including A...read more
Here, courtesy of Nielsen, is a list of the top ten wine brands in the UK off-trade for the year to 11 October....
Viña Concha y Toro is the leading Chilean producer of still light grape wine globally by market share. Its Concha y Toro wine is its flagship brand although it has expanded in 2011 with the acquisitio...
Wine in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
2013 proved to be an exceptional year for Viña Santa Rita for two reasons. The company, which took an increasingly international strategy over the review period, witnessed its share at the top of the ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during September 2014....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018