RUSSIA: Concha y Toro agrees distribution deal with Russian Standard
Concha y Toro is looking for growth in Russia
The deal, with Russian Standard's domestic distribution arm Roust Inc, will be “long-term” and exclusive, the two companies said today (10 February) without providing further details. Concha y Toro was previously distributed in Russia by Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) subsidairy Whitehall, a Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks.
Russian Standard acquired Whitehall last year through its takeover of CEDC.
“This partnership represents ... a huge growth opportunity for Concha y Toro in a priority market worldwide,” said Eduardo Guilisasti, CEO of Concha y Toro.
The portfolio of Casillero del Diablo, Frontera, Sunrise, Trio, Marques de Casa Concha, Terrunyo, Amelia, Carmin de Puemo and Don Melchor wines are included in the agreement.
Russian Standard has boosted its distribution in recent months, taking over responsibility for other products previously distributed by Whitehall.
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with t...
Viña Concha y Toro is the leading Chilean producer of still light grape wine globally by market share. Its Concha y Toro wine is its flagship brand although it has expanded in 2011 with the acquisitio...
Russian Standard has lined up a limited edition sleeve for its Zubrowka bison grass vodka brand in the Travel Retail channel....
Wine in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
Poland Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts a...
Russian Standard has launched a new flavoured variant of its Polish vodka brand Zubrówka. ...
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research