RUSSIA: Concha y Toro agrees distribution deal with Russian Standard
Concha y Toro is looking for growth in Russia
The deal, with Russian Standard's domestic distribution arm Roust Inc, will be “long-term” and exclusive, the two companies said today (10 February) without providing further details. Concha y Toro was previously distributed in Russia by Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) subsidairy Whitehall, a Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks.
Russian Standard acquired Whitehall last year through its takeover of CEDC.
“This partnership represents ... a huge growth opportunity for Concha y Toro in a priority market worldwide,” said Eduardo Guilisasti, CEO of Concha y Toro.
The portfolio of Casillero del Diablo, Frontera, Sunrise, Trio, Marques de Casa Concha, Terrunyo, Amelia, Carmin de Puemo and Don Melchor wines are included in the agreement.
Russian Standard has boosted its distribution in recent months, taking over responsibility for other products previously distributed by Whitehall.
Wine is an alcoholic drink, which is produced by the fermentation of grapes or other fruits. Wine has various health benefits, if consumed in adequate amount. It is the third largest segment of the Gl...
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketin...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during September 2014....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages