UK: Concha y Toro adds to Casillero del Diablo stable
Concha y Toro has launched an addition to its Casillero del Diablo wine range in the UK off-trade.
The Chilean company said yesterday that Casillero del Diablo Reserva Privada Sauvignon Blanc 2008 is now available exclusively through branches of Threshers at a price of GBP10.49 (US$16.97) per bottle.
Sourced from Concha y Toro's estate vineyards in Limari Valley in the north of Chile, the wine is 100% Sauvignon Blanc.
"With its semi-arid, Mediterranean climate and high summer temperatures, the Limari Valley may not have been the most obvious choice for us to grow Sauvignon Blanc," said Marcelo Papa, Casillero del Diablo's chief winemaker. "But with the cooling influence of the unique Camanchaca fog, coastal breezes and mineral rich soils, we have a microclimate suited to Sauvignon Blanc that has unique varietal character - expressive and lean with austere acidity."
The Privada Sauvignon Blanc joins the 2006 vintage Reserva Privada Cabernet Syrah on shelf, which is available in Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury's for GBP8.99, and in Threshers with at GBP10.49.
Last month, Concha y Toro reported net sales up by more than 12% in the first quarter of 2009, driven by strong growth in exports to the US.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Concha y Toro has confirmed the return of the MD of its UK subsidiary to Chile, where he will become corporate director for Asia....
Vina Concha y Toro, the Chilean wine giant, has reported profits up by a fifth in the third quarter of 2009, boosted by favourable exchange rates....
Viña Concha y Toro has posted a healthy lift in sales for its third quarter and year so far....
Viña Concha y Toro has lined up a television advertising campaign for its Casillero del Diablo wine brand in the UK....
Australian Vintage and Chilean wine firm Concha y Toro are to join forces for a joint promotion on wines in 50cl bottles in the UK's largest supermarket chain....
Vina Concha y Toro has unveiled more environmentally friendly glass bottles for its Sunrise wine brand in the UK....
Pernod Ricard UK is to launch Jacob's Creek wines in 50cl bottles, after the group's consumer research showed demand is rising for smaller bottle sizes....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits