SOUTH AFRICA: Compromise reached in battle for KWV
Representatives from the KWV board and dissident shareholders, dubbed the "Group of Five", who each made proposals to shareholders about the future of the company/co-operative, have beaten out a compromise during 12 hours of intensive negotiations. The parties met on Friday and again on Monday to find common ground about the future of KWV's commercial interests, through the KWV Group, and that of the co-operative through a new entity called Wijngaard, which will serve the interests of the producer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO