NZ: Competition watchdogs take fresh look at Allied takeover
The country's Commerce Commission said yesterday (1 May) that it would investigate the competitive implications of Pernod keeping hold of assets that it was set to sell off following the Allied takeover.
Last July, the Commission cleared the deal on the grounds that the French drinks giant would voluntarily give up a roster of brands including sparkling wines Lindauer and Aquila.
"Pernod Ricard would lose the benefit of this clearance decision if the divestment undertakings are not completed," the Commission said.
Officials at Pernod failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press.
The need for a united front within the whisk(e)y industry on issues like responsible drinking is hitting home but, writes Chris Brook Carter, it is imperative that the industry works together on promo...
The first Chivas cocktail bar and gentlemen's lounge has opened in Moscow through a joint venture between Pernod Ricard whisky arm Chivas Brothers and Russian entrepreneur Stepan Mikhalkov....
Pernod Ricard USA has won a trademark battle which had threatened its Kentucky Bourbon brand Wild Turkey....
Pernod Ricard is updating the design of its New Zealand wine brand Framingham in the UK....
Pernod Ricard subsidiary Orlando Wines is reportedly in preliminary discussions to sell one of its two Langhorne Creek vineyards in South Australia....
Pernod Ricard has insisted its four remaining production sites in North America are safe after announcing it plans to close a US distillery. Pernod's US arm will close its site at Lawrenceburg, Indian...
Pernod Ricard will close one of its distilleries in the US after a review of its operations in North America found it had "significant excess capacity" on the continent following the takeover of Allie...
The share ratings of Diageo, Heineken and Pernod Ricard were all upgraded today (20 April) by German broker Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (DKW)....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages