BELGIUM: Competition watchdog ends Anheuser-Busch InBev probe
A-B InBev today (13 May) welcomed an end to the informal probe into its supply chain practices.
A spokesperson for the brewer told just-drinks: "We responded fully to the informal inquiry requested by the Belgian Minister and are satisfied with the outcome. A-B InBev respects local laws and regulations as they apply and always respects its contractual obligations."
Belgium's economics minister, Vincent Van Quickenborne, called for the informal investigation following reports of unrest among A-B Inbev suppliers.
The brewing giant, which was formed via InBev's US$52bn takeover of A-B late last year, confirmed to just-drinks last month that it intends to extend the deadline for paying suppliers to 120 days from receipt of invoice. Some suppliers were previously paid within 30 days.
It said: "We value greatly the suppliers that we work with. It may take time for some of the suppliers to get used to the new system but we will do what we can to help them with the transition."
Those who doubted that Anheuser-Busch InBev would meet its US$7bn disposals target clearly underestimated the beast they were dealing with....
Coca-Cola Amatil has agreed new employment terms with its group managing director....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has rejected accusations of gender bias in its executive pay scale, following a lawsuit filed by Anheuser-Busch's ex-communications chief....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A joint procurement deal between PepsiCo and Anheuser-Busch this week has seen the two drinks giants form a global alliance to purchase indirect goods and services in the US, from technology hardware ...
PepsiCo has apologised after it was accused of stereotyping women with an iPhone application for its Amp Energy drink in the US, offering advice on how to pick up women....
Anheuser-Busch has announced a sponsorship deal with NBC Universal for its Bud Light Golden Wheat beer brand in the US....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets