UK: Competition Commission investigates SDEL deal
The UK's Competition Commission (CC) has today (12 November) asked for industry opinion on the proposed acquisition by Serviced Dispense Equipment Limited (SDEL) of the technical services function of Coors Brewers Limited (Coors), through a statement of issues.
SDEL is a joint venture company formed earlier this year, merging the technical services businesses of Scottish Courage and Carlsberg UK.
The CC is seeking to establish whether the proposed merger may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within the market or markets for technical services equipment for the dispense of draught beer (including ale, lager and cider) and related technical services.
The CC said it has yet to reach any conclusions, and will not do so until it has discussed these issues with SDEL and Coors.
Information about the reference is available on the CC's web site at: www.competition-commission.org.uk/inquiries/current/sdel/index.htm
Anyone wishing to comment on any of the issues set out below is requested to do so by 26 November 2004.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future