INDIA/UK: Competition board green lights Diageo's United Sprits stake
Diageo first agreed on the deal in November
In a statement on its website yesterday (28 February), the Competition Commission of India said: “The proposed combination is not likely to have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India”. The commission's approval is one of the regulatory hurdles Diageo must clear before it can complete the deal, announced in November.
In January, Diageo played down fears the deal will be delayed as the timetable for acquiring public shares was revised.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research