INDIA/UK: Competition board green lights Diageo's United Sprits stake
Diageo first agreed on the deal in November
In a statement on its website yesterday (28 February), the Competition Commission of India said: “The proposed combination is not likely to have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India”. The commission's approval is one of the regulatory hurdles Diageo must clear before it can complete the deal, announced in November.
In January, Diageo played down fears the deal will be delayed as the timetable for acquiring public shares was revised.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research