INDIA/UK: Competition board green lights Diageo's United Sprits stake
Diageo first agreed on the deal in November
In a statement on its website yesterday (28 February), the Competition Commission of India said: “The proposed combination is not likely to have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India”. The commission's approval is one of the regulatory hurdles Diageo must clear before it can complete the deal, announced in November.
In January, Diageo played down fears the deal will be delayed as the timetable for acquiring public shares was revised.
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Comment - The Race Downhill for Treasury
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory