INDIA/UK: Competition board green lights Diageo's United Sprits stake
Diageo first agreed on the deal in November
In a statement on its website yesterday (28 February), the Competition Commission of India said: “The proposed combination is not likely to have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India”. The commission's approval is one of the regulatory hurdles Diageo must clear before it can complete the deal, announced in November.
In January, Diageo played down fears the deal will be delayed as the timetable for acquiring public shares was revised.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research