UK: Company finds cure for Pierce's disease
A UK-based chemical company, Ximed Group, is claiming to have found a natural formulation that can successfully eradicate Pierce's disease, the debilitating vine infection that has caused millions of dollars of damage to the US wine industry in recent years. The company specialises in the application of terpene, which is a naturally occurring low toxicity botanical substance, in agriculture and pharmacy. And it is this botanical, Ximed says, that has been adapted to cure the insect transmitted disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role