CHILE: Compañía Cervecerías Unidas takes full stake in Uruguayan brands
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas wants to enter new markets
Chilean brewer Compañía Cervecerías Unidas CCU has bought a full stake in the owners of Uruguayan beverage brands Nix and Native.
CCU bought 100% of shares in Uruguayan companies Marzurel, Milotur, Coralina and Andrimar, it said in a statement on its website on Friday (14 September). Financial details were not disclosed.
Nix is a CSD brand and Nativa a mineral water brand. The acquisition is part of CCU's plan to expand business into new markets, the company said.
The brand buys are the first expansion into Uruguay for Chile’s biggest brewer, according to local reports.
A Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks today the company was aware of the deal and in agreement with the expansion.
This second part of the management briefing for March looks at the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for drinks companies in the area of logistics for drinks companies in Russia....
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Greek brewer hits out over Carlsberg merger move
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014