CHILE: Compañía Cervecerías Unidas takes full stake in Uruguayan brands
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas wants to enter new markets
Chilean brewer Compañía Cervecerías Unidas CCU has bought a full stake in the owners of Uruguayan beverage brands Nix and Native.
CCU bought 100% of shares in Uruguayan companies Marzurel, Milotur, Coralina and Andrimar, it said in a statement on its website on Friday (14 September). Financial details were not disclosed.
Nix is a CSD brand and Nativa a mineral water brand. The acquisition is part of CCU's plan to expand business into new markets, the company said.
The brand buys are the first expansion into Uruguay for Chile’s biggest brewer, according to local reports.
A Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks today the company was aware of the deal and in agreement with the expansion.
This second part of the management briefing for March looks at the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for drinks companies in the area of logistics for drinks companies in Russia....
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights