EU: Commission extends probe into Heineken/Carlsberg link
The EU Commission has extended its probe into the relationship between the international brewers Carlsberg and Heineken N.V.
In a statement Carlsberg said the investigation is intended to complete investigations already carried out by the Commission concerning alleged relations between Carlsberg and Heineken during the period 1993-96.
Carlsberg said it is not obliged to let the Commission carry out the supplementary investigation, but it has cooperated loyally with the Commission throughout the investigations and will naturally continue to do so.
In a similar statement Heineken said: "This inquiry has been on-going for some time. Heineken received a statement of objections from the European Commission on the 1st of March this year and replied to it in May 2002. Heineken is fully cooperating with the inquiry. Pending the proceedings Heineken will refrain from further comments."
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria....
Shareholders of Baltika Brewery have approved a rise in 2004 dividends....
Carlsberg Deutschland has acquired the beverage wholesale company Göttsche Getränke Group, which was majority-owned by Charly Willems. Göttsche Getränke Group is a beverage wholesale company in Northe...
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India