CZECH REPUBLIC: Comment - Take the money and run, Pernod's bitters battle
As the privatization of Jan Becher boils over, the Czech government is torn between gaining political capital or reducing the budget deficit. The Czech government may be playing hardball with Pernod Ricard or as it has been often cited in the local press - settling political scores with those involved in the distillery's 1997 privatization. But as Czech finance minister Jiri Rusnok decides on his next steps, he may be under pressure from the budget deficit.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down