USA: Comment - Mondavi woes shock investors
Robert Mondavi's profit warning is further evidence of slackening demand in the US. Many expected the US winemaker's double-digit sales growth to continue. But the economic downturn and WTC attacks have caused Americans to travel less and dine at home more often. While this may well increase off-trade sales, companies such as Mondavi that rely heavily on the on-trade will see a continuous slide in revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director