USA: Comment - ICI faces strong challenge in sports drink sector
ICI has developed a range of ingredients for sports drinks that may halve recovery time after exercise. ICI's food and fragrances division Quest International claims that its new ingredient, Hyprol, can cut down the amount of time it takes to regain muscle strength after strenuous exercise by up to 14 hours. While this is clearly a desirable trait, Hyprol-based drinks will still face strong challenges penetrating the increasingly crowded sports drink market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Diageo’s H1 2017 results - Preview
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Heineken in talks to buy Kirin's Brazil presence
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo