USA: Comment - ICI faces strong challenge in sports drink sector
ICI has developed a range of ingredients for sports drinks that may halve recovery time after exercise. ICI's food and fragrances division Quest International claims that its new ingredient, Hyprol, can cut down the amount of time it takes to regain muscle strength after strenuous exercise by up to 14 hours. While this is clearly a desirable trait, Hyprol-based drinks will still face strong challenges penetrating the increasingly crowded sports drink market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK