UK: Comment - Diageo prepares to spend
Diageo can breathe a sigh of relief after offloading Burger King which it sold yesterday to Texas Pacific, Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs for $2.26 billion. But what should it do with the money? Investing in the core spirits offering seems like the best plan. In the absence of major Seagram-style acquisition opportunities, it may snap up some smaller brands - but much of the spending should go on strengthening its marketing and distribution capabilities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down