PANAMA: Colombian brewer to buy into Baru
Colombian-based beer and drinks combine, Bavaria, is reportedly poised to buy a controlling stake in the Panamanian brewer, Baru. The purchase of a 52% stake has been approved though no other details have been disclosed. In addition to being the major largest brewer in Colombia, Bavaria also operates in Ecuador, Panama and Venezuela. It is also in the process of selling interests in Spain and Portugal in order to focus on Latin America.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch