PANAMA: Colombian brewer to buy into Baru
Colombian-based beer and drinks combine, Bavaria, is reportedly poised to buy a controlling stake in the Panamanian brewer, Baru. The purchase of a 52% stake has been approved though no other details have been disclosed. In addition to being the major largest brewer in Colombia, Bavaria also operates in Ecuador, Panama and Venezuela. It is also in the process of selling interests in Spain and Portugal in order to focus on Latin America.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk