EU: Colombia seeks Café de Colombia protection
Colombia has formally asked the European Commission for the name Café de Colombia to be registered as a Protected Denomination of Origin.
If approved, the move will give Colombian coffee protection from illegal exploitation in international markets.
Brussels said it was the first application ever made for a geographical indication from a third country "underlining that geographical indications can be an instrument for development."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends