US: Coke's Vault tops list of best-selling launches
The best-selling new US beverage in 2007 was Vault, a soft drink owned by Coca-Cola Co., which hit sales of $70m, according to industry analysts IRI.
Heineken Premium Light was the best-selling new alcoholic beverage with sales of $63m, according to the report.
Vault was third in a list of best-selling new food and beverage brands in the US in 2007. The list measured total year one dollar sales across food, drug and mass channels, excluding Wal-Mart.
Campbell's reduced-sodium soup topped the list with sales of US$101m last year, IRI said today (7 March) in its New Product Pacesetters report.
Bird's Eye steamfresh frozen vegetables was at number two in the list with sales of $87m.
"These brands are case studies in how to surpass abysmally low new product success rates in the consumer packaged good marketplace, where less than 5% of new brands reach $50m in year one sales," said Anne Berlack, executive vice president, of IRI Business and Consumer Insights.
Berlack said the functional category would be the sector to watch in the US in 2008. "During the next year, demand will explode for functional food and beverages that deliver health benefits beyond basic nutrition," she said.
The hardships facing the Zimbabwean population have become a regular and depressing feature of our news. Clemence Manyukwe reports from Harare on the particular problems that the country's sustained e...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Zero is to be an official partner of the new James Bond film, Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced....
Tiger Beer UK has signed a deal with Tequila-flavoured lager Desperados to be the new distributor of the lager in the UK....
Coca-Cola has launched a US$2.4bn takeover bid for the China Huiyuan Juice Group, in what could be the second largest acquisition in the US soft drink firm's history....
A subsidiary of Coca-Cola Içecek has secured a distribution agreement with acquisition target Dogadan Gida Ürünleri Sanayi ve Pazarlama....
The Coca-Cola Co. has unveiled a drinks fountain that can dispense more than 100 different flavours from one unit....
Dutch brewer Heineken has appointed a new head for its Americas division....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World