US: Coke's Odwalla lines up organic water range
Odwalla has lined up a line of bottled waters for the US, containing natural fruit flavours.
The company, which was acquired by The Coca-Cola Co. in 2002, yesterday (15 February) unveiled the range of five flavours, which will be called H2Odwalla. The drinks will be sweetened with natural organic evaporated cane juice, and contains 78% or more organic ingredients.
The five flavours are Strawberry Kiwi, Blueberry Tea, Ginger Plum, Jasmine Lime and Tropical Orange. The drinks will be available in select grocery and retail stores on the east and west coasts and select natural food stores throughout the country. H2Odwalla will be offered in 20-oz. plastic bottles from next month with a suggested retail price of US$1.49.
"H2Odwalla is a category standout as it is made with organic ingredients," said Kelly Marx, H2Odwalla brand manager. "Available in five replenishing and flavourful varieties, each unique blend gives consumers a convenient drink that refreshes the body and spirit."
Formed in 1980, Odwalla was snapped up by Coca-Cola Co. five years ago for US$181m.
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
PepsiCo is poised to change advertising agencies in India for the first time in 18 years, according to local reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. has moved to have a lawsuit against it in the US dismissed....
San Miguel Corp. has posted a huge leap in net profit for the first half of this year....
Coke has witnessed sales volumes in China increase during its second quarter and plans to focus on investing in the market for the future, according to reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to close a bottling unit in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has finally merged its German bottlers into one company....
Coca-Cola Great Britain has lined up an addition to its CSD portfolio in the UK....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review