BRAZIL: Coke to sell Suco Mais - report
Coca-Cola do Brasilia is looking to offload a juice company in the country, according to local reports.
Business daily Valor Economico said yesterday (16 November) that the unit plans to sell Suco Mais to 17 bottling companies within the next six weeks. The move will allow Coke Brasilia to focus its efforts on marketing new juice mixes. The companies are expected to meet next week, the paper noted.
The unit acquired Suco Mais last year, and non-carbonated juice drinks represent only 5% of Coke's profits in Brazil.
The bottlers will work in partnership with Coke, with two Coke executives sitting on the board of directors of the new Suco Mais. Coke will produce and supply the syrups, juice nectars, and powdered milk and focus on new juice formulas to introduce to the market, the paper claimed.
The new company will operate as Coke's non-carbonated drinks platform in the country.
In the wake of a scandal in Australia and New Zealand where GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was fined for misrepresenting the Vitamin C level of its Ribena brand, Graham Neale, general manager at Nutritional He...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has confirmed the closure of the bottling operations at one of its plants in Romania....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has posted a strong lift in Q1 sales and profits....
BooKoo Beverages has signed a distribution agreement with Coca-Cola Consolidated to sell its energy drinks portfolio in the US....
PepsiCo is claiming that its Diet Pepsi brand has "more cola taste" than Diet Coke in its latest advertising campaign....
United Airlines has signed a five-year beverage agreement with Coca-Cola Co. to make it the airline's primary soft drink supplier....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a strong rise in income for the first quarter....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has elected a new vice chairman to its board of directors....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends