UK: Coke to relaunch Malvern mineral water
The Coca-Cola Co. is to relaunch its mineral water brand Malvern.
Coca-Cola Great Britain said today (29 January) that Malvern Natural Mineral Water would be relabelled Malvern English Water.
The company has had to change the label to meet requirements under natural mineral water regulations, which call for additional filtration under certain weather conditions.
A Malvern spokesperson said: "The water will continue to be sourced from the Malvern Hills, and the quality, taste and mineral content of the water will not change.
"Malvern is a valued, niche brand and we anticipate it will prove just as popular with customers, especially given the steady growth of the bottled water category."
The new-look product would go on sale next month after the changes to the label are made.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
Cadbury Schweppes has delayed the sale process for its US drinks business due to the current "extreme volatility" of the debt markets....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a strong lift in second quarter operating profit....
Groupe Danone has declined to comment over recent speculation that it is looking at potential acquisitions within the Indian bottled water market....
PepsiCo has agreed to provide more information on the label of its Aquafina water brand regarding its source....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced details of its next quarterly dividend....
The Coca-Cola Co. has refused to comment on reports that it is to buy a stake in Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to join LG Household & Health Care in its move to acquire Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean bottling arm, according to local reports....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US