UK: Coke to launch Sprite3G in UK – report
Coca-Cola GB is to launch a competitor for Red Bull, according to press reports. The company is releasing Sprite3G in the UK in the next three to four weeks, a London magazine said yesterday (3 August).
The new drink will contain glucose, caffeine and guarana, the magazine claimed.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Sprite said: "We're always looking at ways to broaden the portfolio of drinks we offer consumers to fit with their ever-changing lifestyle needs.
"However, at this moment in time, we're not in a position to confirm any future activity for the brand," the spokesperson added.
As in most markets, Red Bull leads the burgeoning energy drinks category in both Slovakia and the Czech Republic. But growth in the sector has attracted a number of other players. Lubomir Sedlak repor...
An innovative fermented lemonade produced by a small Bavarian brewer is one of the more unlikely brand success stories of recent times, but Bionade has taken the Hamburg club scene by storm, earning i...
Cott Corporation's acquisition of UK drinks company Macaw cements its UK division's position as the leading producer of own label soft drinks in the country. Annette Sessions assesses the deal and rep...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
Austrian drinks group Red Bull has confirmed that it is in talks to buy US soccer team New York MetroStars....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research