US: Coke to launch Lime extension
Coca-Cola North America on Friday announced that it will introduce a new brand extension, Coca-Cola with Lime, in the US in the first quarter of 2005.
"Many people already enjoy a slice of lime with their Coca-Cola so it seemed only natural to include a splash of lime flavour in our flagship brand," said Randy Ransom, senior vice president, Coca-Cola Trademark, Coca-Cola North America.
The launch of Coca-Cola with Lime follows the roll out one year ago of Diet Coke with Lime, which has become the leading flavoured diet cola in America.
The company added in a statement that the launch is only the beginning kicks off a year of innovation for The Coca-Cola Company, which will include a range of offerings across all beverage categories.
Coca-Cola with Lime will be supported by an extensive marketing campaign. Further details on launch plans will be made available closer to the introduction.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts