INDIA: Coke to launch flagship juice Minute Maid
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to introduce its best-selling fruit juice brand Minute Maid into the Indian market in the coming months.
Coke is aiming to tap into growing demand for fruit juices in India, a Coca-Cola Asia spokesman told just-drinks last night (18 January).
The spokesman refused to specify when Minute Maid would be launched but reports in India claim the brand will initially be rolled out in the south and west of India within two months.
"We're not too focused on who we will be competing with," the Coke spokesman said. "We want to be able to expand the juice market. It's an opportunity for our business and our research tells us that Minute Maid will be a success here."
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
A group of soft drink manufacturers have settled a class-action lawsuit which alleged that their products contained ingredients that could form cancer-causing benzene. The settlement by the soft drink...
Groupe Danone has sold its Danao brand to French cider company Cidreries du Calvados la Fermiere (CCLF)....
A leading US politician has questioned whether food and drinks companies will voluntarily combat the issue of rising child obesity in the country....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has posted a leap in profits for its second quarter....
The Coca-Cola Co has won a tender to become the exclusive soft drink and water provider and sponsor at 10 racetracks served by rival Pepsi by 2012 under a multimillion dollar deal announced with Inter...
Groupe Danone has refused to comment on reports claiming that PepsiCo remains interested in buying the French food company....
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research