US: Coke to launch "enhanced" Diet offering
The drink, called Diet Coke Plus, will contain niacin, vitamins B6 and B12, magnesium and zinc. The upcoming launch is a fresh example of Coca-Cola's push to expand its carbonates offering into enhanced or healthier parts of the soft drinks market.
A Coca-Cola North America spokesman cited comments from Neville Isdell, chairman and CEO of Coca-Cola, at the annual conference of the Consumer Analyst Group of New York, staged last week.
Isdell said that the launch of Diet Coke Plus is "a great example" of the company's strategy to create products "to meet the needs of today's active consumers".
The spokesman declined to comment further.
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as ‘sparkling beverages’ in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
Coca-Cola suffered a reversal of fortune in Germany in 2003 when it refused to adapt in the face of new recycling laws. But reform of the packaging legislation, coupled with a major marketing push las...
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
The Coca-Cola Co. has joined a group focusing on human rights principles in business....
PepsiCo is poised to change advertising agencies in India for the first time in 18 years, according to local reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. has moved to have a lawsuit against it in the US dismissed....
San Miguel Corp. has posted a huge leap in net profit for the first half of this year....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research