INDIA: Coke to invest US$250m in bottling arm -report
US soft drinks giant The Coca-Cola Company is planning to invest some US$250m in restructuring marketing and distribution operations at its Indian bottler Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, according to a report in the Economic Times.
The report suggests the investment will allow Hindustan Coca-Cola to introduce new products. The company also intends to buy out excess capacity from franchisee bottlers, the newspaper suggested.
However, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages would not comment on the report.
In the wake of a scandal in Australia and New Zealand where GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was fined for misrepresenting the Vitamin C level of its Ribena brand, Graham Neale, general manager at Nutritional He...
PepsiCo is claiming that its Diet Pepsi brand has "more cola taste" than Diet Coke in its latest advertising campaign....
United Airlines has signed a five-year beverage agreement with Coca-Cola Co. to make it the airline's primary soft drink supplier....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a strong rise in income for the first quarter....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has elected a new vice chairman to its board of directors....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported a 6.3% fall in first quarter net income, as the soft drinks bottler dealt with restructuring charges and a loss on equity securities....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced details of its next quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed its latest quarterly dividend....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015