ISRAEL: Coke to enter wine market with merger
By Aaron Priel
The Central Bottling Company - Coca Cola Israel, is reportedly planning to merge Carlsberg Israel, which it controls, with Carmel-Mizrahi, Israel's largest and oldest winery. The plan is to create a new company in which each party will own 50%.
The merger calls for converting Carmel-Mizrahi from an agricultural cooperative to a limited company. The winery is currently controlled by a large number of independent vintners, as reported in Globes. Although neither party commented directly on the merger plans, the report notes that Coca Cola Israel said that it plans to enter the wine market as part of its total beverage strategy "to have a presence in every drink sector." Whereas Carmel-Mizrahi commented that the "winery has been busy in recent months in building its business strategy, including entering into complementary sectors."
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research