UK: Coke teams with soccer star Rooney
Coca-Cola Great Britain is using footballer Wayne Rooney and his fiancée to plug two of its Coke brands in the UK.
The company said today (13 December) that a shot of Rooney, holding a can of Coca-Cola Zero, with Coleen McLoughlin, posing with a bottle of Diet Coke, will be projected in Piccadilly Circus in London this month.
"We've been blown away by the consumer response to Coca-Cola Zero and wanted to celebrate its success with two of the country's biggest stars," said Cathryn Sleight, marketing director with Coca-Cola Great Britain.
"Wayne and Coleen are great ambassadors for Coca-Cola Zero and Diet Coke alike and we hope the public agree they look amazing in these pictures."
The company is looking to push Coke Zero as a drink for males and Diet Coke for females going forward.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have been the fiercest of competitors for decades but the fact that their rivalry now extends to 'outgreening' one another could be good news for the environment, writes Annette ...
PepsiCo's CEO has admitted she made a mistake in not standing up against the pesticides-in-cola controversy....
The Coca-Cola Company has launched an extensive mobile marketing campaign for its Sprite brand....
The Coca-Cola Co.'s Mexican unit has been hit by a fine for monopoly practices in the country....
Coca-Cola Icecek has posted a strong lift in sales for its first quarter....
Coca-Cola GB has not been drawn on reports that it is in talks with Highland Spring, despite recent press speculation....
Coca-Cola FEMSA and The Coca-Cola Company have seen their plans to buy Mexican fruit juice company Jugos del Valle hit the buffers....
Coca-Cola North America has reintroduced Vanilla Coke to its 'sparkling beverage' line-up....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer