US: Coke teams up with Godiva in coffee launch
Coca-Cola North America and Belgian chocolate producer Godiva Chocolatier are launching a line of premium luxury beverages called Godiva Belgian Blends.
The new Godiva Belgian Blends are described as "a revitalising experience, more decadent than just plain coffee".
The beverages come in three flavours, Dark Chocolate Mocha, Milk Chocolate Mocha and French Vanilla Latte, and will be packaged in 9.5 fl. oz. glass bottles, available as singles or in packs of four. The drinks are to be sold in convenience stores, supermarkets and other retailers.
There will be a phased launch, beginning on 31 July, and an advertising campaign is being created by the Leo Burnett agency in Chicago.
"This is a great opportunity for us to extend our strong portfolio of licensed products by combining the world's leading premium chocolate brand with the beverage marketing expertise and distribution capabilities of Coca- Cola North America," said Jim Goldman, president of Godiva Chocolatier Worldwide.
Don Knauss, president and chief operating officer of Coca-Cola North America, added: "Collaborating with Godiva on a beverage line like this is a great opportunity for Coca-Cola North America, and builds upon the reputation of both companies for high quality, consumer-preferred products."
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Coca-Cola Great Britain is launching a new consumer choice communication to raise awareness of its range of brands and products in the UK....
The managing director of Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) South Korean unit has taken extended leave, according to press reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to return to Iraq after more than 20 years....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has had its rating upgraded....
Coca-Cola has launched a green tea in Thailand under the ShiZen brand....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages