MOLDOVA/US: Coke snaps up two brands from Efes
The Coca-Cola Company has bought two Moldovan soft drinks brands from Efes Breweries International (EBI) for an undisclosed sum.
EBI, the international brewing arm of Turkish drinks group Anadolu Efes, said today (21 February) that its Moldovan subsidiary has sold the Viva and Real brands to Coca-Cola.
EBI played down the impact of the sales and said soft drinks had only accounted for around 3% of its volumes and 1% of its sales in Moldova in 2006.
EBI holds a 96.5% stake in Moldova's largest brewer, Efes Moldova.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
PepsiCo is poised to change advertising agencies in India for the first time in 18 years, according to local reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. has moved to have a lawsuit against it in the US dismissed....
San Miguel Corp. has posted a huge leap in net profit for the first half of this year....
Coke has witnessed sales volumes in China increase during its second quarter and plans to focus on investing in the market for the future, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Great Britain has lined up an addition to its CSD portfolio in the UK....
Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has posted flat operating income for its second quarter....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research