US: Coke signs fresh music giveaway deal
Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with a music magazine in the US to uncover fresh talent in the industry.
The soft drinks giant has joined forces with Paste, an independent US magazine, which can also be bought in selected countries across Europe. Under the agreement, tracks and podcasts from emerging artists chosen by Paste will be available to download for free from the www.coca-cola.com website.
Each month, visitors to the site will be able to download 40 new songs from up-and-coming, unsigned artists from around the world. The mp3 downloads will be free and work on any digital music player.
"Independent, lesser-known musicians will have an opportunity to be discovered beyond their usual country borders and visitors to the site will find a fantastic selection of fresh music and information about emerging bands," Coke said.
The deal, announced late last week, follows Coke's European deal with iTunes, which saw the company pair up with Apple to give away 70m songs.
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
The Coca-Cola Co. has announced its regular quarterly dividend and elected three vice presidents....
Coca-Cola Amatil is hoping to recoup A$700m (US$585m) from its South Korean bottling operations....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted double digit rises in first-quarter sales and profits, despite ongoing challenges in its North American market....
The Coca-Cola Co. is calling on the public to design a vending machine for Second Life's 'in-world' digital society that could dispense "life-enhancing experiences"....
Cott Corp. is rumoured to be in talks with private equity firms to merge with the beverage arm of Cadbury Schweppes....
Coca-Cola North America has extended its supply deal with Southwest Airlines....
PepsiCo is looking to block The Coca-Cola Co.'s purchase of a tea producer in Brazil....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review