INDIA: Coke set to meet divestment deadline
Having opted for a private placement of shares rather than a public offering, the company is currently finalising the sale of the 49% to to bottlers and financial institutions. It expects to meet the deadline of August 17 set by the government.
The company's requests for a waiver or postponement of the mandatory divestment were rejected by the Indian Commerce and Industry Ministry which gave the company a month to August 17 to comply with the requirements.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer